Orckestra is a team of commerce experts that create innovative solutions for retailers and brands. We’re passionate about the future of retail, and are helping our customers lead by blending digital commerce and physical stores into a new generation of omnichannel experiences. The Orckestra Commerce Cloud, built on Microsoft Azure, is the engine that connects the shopping journey across the web, mobile and in-store for our customers. In this role, you’ll be a critical part of building the future of our platform.
You’ll get to work on high-impact projects, and be empowered to understand customer needs and make decisions that deliver real business value. At the same time, you’ll enjoy a stable work environment and friendly culture in a company that provides opportunities for you to branch out and grow. Orckestra is a subsidiary of Mediagrif, a global leader in e-business networks and online commerce.
Product development at Orckestra is driven by small, autonomous teams, and as a Solutions developer, you’ll be part of one or more of these teams, and will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of product areas including: enterprise cloud APIs, eCommerce web experiences, single-page mobile web apps and more. You’ll work closely with product managers to understand customer needs and priorities, you’ll collaborate with your team to find the right design, and you’ll release product iterations regularly that are informed by internal reviews and external feedback from our customers.
- Deliver quality enterprise commerce software in the Microsoft Azure cloud. You’ll have end-to-end ownership of what you build, from initial requirements reviews and architecture, to development and testing;
- Build enterprise cloud software that can meet the high scale and performance requirements of leading retailers and brands we work with;
- In addition to contributing great design and code, you’ll ensure solid test coverage for the code you write;
- Be accountable for understanding customer needs and building technical solutions that deliver the right outcomes;
- Be a key participant in product planning , reviews, and backlog maintenance;
- Review and challenge product requirements to help your team is able to get to the optimal solution; and
- Contribute to Orckestra’s ongoing efforts to improve the development process and further automate development and testing operations.
Require skills & experience:
- Well versed in modern architecture and design patterns (front-end and back-end), and are able to create a great design that you can turn into equally great, and performing code;
- Back-end development skills using .NET and C#;
- You have experience working with platforms that expose APIs and extension points for third-party developers, and you understand what it takes to create a great developer experience;
- Comfortable with large datasets, and you have experience with SQL Server and T-SQL;
- Knowledge of Azure DocumentDB (CosmosDB), MongoDB or other NoSQL database, an asset; and
- You have at least five (5) years of software development experience;
- Experience with building and consuming web services. Our APIs are RESTful;
- Experience with eCommerce and/or retail technology products, an asset; and
- Experience with microservices and cloud software development (ideally on Microsoft Azure), an asset.
Remuneration and working conditions:
- Competitive salary;
- 37,5-hour work week;
- Group insurance from the moment of hiring;
- Access to a share purchase plan with employer participation;
- Dynamic and engaging workplace; and
- Free access to an on-site fitness centre.
If you are interested in the challenge, please submit your resume to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.