Technical Lead, Solutions Developer
Orckestra, a subsidiary of Mediagrif Interactive Technologies Inc., is a leading provider of modern omnichannel commerce solutions, offering a single commerce platform to create and manage the most engaging shopping experiences across the web, mobile and in-store. Built on the Microsoft Azure open cloud, our Commerce OrchestrationTM platform establishes a unique central commerce layer that unifies all retail systems and customer touch points and helps enterprise organizations grow their business successfully in the global marketplace. We fuel digital innovation for leading retailers and branded manufacturers, enabling them to deliver differentiated commerce experiences faster with lower IT burden and operating costs, and maximum revenue growth.
You’ll get to work on high-impact projects, and be empowered to understand customer needs and make decisions that deliver real business value. At the same time, you’ll enjoy a stable work environment and friendly culture in a company that provides opportunities for you to branch out and grow.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery Services or the Director of Software Engineering, the Technical Lead is in charge of technical operations and management of a development team. He or she must have extensive technological experience and strong leadership skills, as he or she will be required to work with Orckestra’s multidisciplinary teams. In this role, the incumbent will act as a motivator and facilitator to ensure best practices are followed.
The Technical Lead will help provide technical direction with regard to the solutions developed by Orckestra and its clients. He or she must have comprehensive knowledge of Orckestra’s offers and services, and will be required to communicate them to team members. The Technical Lead’s main responsibility will be to support the team by providing guidance, ensuring team members are delivering optimal results and evaluating performance. He or she will also be responsible for ensuring that quality standards and deadlines set by management and clients are met.
Thanks to a strong sense of leadership, the Technical Lead will communicate industry best practices, contribute to Orckestra’s blog and create related content, in addition to participating in Orckestra’s efforts to ensure the visibility of its products and service offering.
Main responsibilities :
- Support a team of developers on a daily basis by prioritizing workloads and monitoring task deadlines and requirements;
- Monitor quality levels and escalate any issues;
- Correct existing features and process new modification requests;
- Identify problems and work with other team members to recommend solutions;
- Intervene in complex situations and act as technical advisor for the team;
- Work closely with the software architecture/solutions team to coordinate efforts;
- Take part in decision-making to ensure the best technologies and solutions are chosen for Orckestra’s technological portfolio;
- Step in to replace team members in case of an absence or lack of availability as needed;
- Coordinate the implementation of the agile method, ensure follow up and make improvements;
- Plan, organize and participate in team meetings by sharing industry best practices and information;
- Provide coaching and mentoring, act as a facilitator/moderator, resolve problems and help with the team’s workload;
- Manage the team by offering coaching and mentoring to team members through the organization of weekly team meetings;
- Complete evaluations for team members, providing constructive feedback and ensuring an overall performance level;
- Understand Orckestra’s products and services and share that knowledge with other members of the team;
- Make a positive contribution to open-house days, job fairs and interviews;
- Foster team building through monthly participation in the blog, brown-bag lunches, and Orckestra conferences, as well as the creation of related content;
- Possess the necessary skills and keep abreast of new methods and technologies used within the department, and educate and motivate team members about the importance of doing the same;
- Demonstrate openness and adaptability, while possessing a long-term vision enabling you to foresee and meet the various requirements of the role;
- Demonstrate leadership, excellent communication skills and flexibility with regard to your work schedule;
- Properly represent the company’s policies and ensure they are respected by the team.
Experience & competencies :
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, IT or a related (or equivalent) field;
- At least five (5) years of experience in Information Technology;
- At least three (3) years of experience as team lead on large-scale projects;
- Desired experience in team management using the agile method;
- Sense of leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, experienced instructor and excellent communicator;
- Good knowledge of .Net platform;
- Excellent knowledge of C# language;
- Good knowledge of web development and e-commerce;
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming and design models;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server products: Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, Microsoft Commerce Server, Microsoft SQL Server;
- Experience developing solutions using the most recent Microsoft technologies;
- Motivated, dynamic, self-directed and organized;
- Good educator who enjoys sharing knowledge and increasing the skill level of team members;
- Highly self-motivated, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability;
- Strong prioritizing abilities and resistance to stress;
- Ability to keep a positive attitude even in chaotic situations;
- Ability to energize and inspire colleagues with team spirit and a desire to surpass themselves;
- Desire for self-improvement and to exceed standards;
- Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written.
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
A flexible work schedule (37,5 hours/week) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Competitive salaries, a comprehensive group insurance plan as of day 1 and access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan.
In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
Mediagrif realizes that quality of life and health is important to its employees and offers free access to its fitness room. Do you prefer Nautilus Plus, Energy Cardio or Idolem Yoga? Our various corporate agreements will save you money!
Do you like socializing? In addition to your daily activities, the social club organizes many activities such as brunches, cocktails, sports activities, etc.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.