Director, Cloud Delivery
Orckestra is a leading provider of modern omnichannel commerce solutions, offering a single commerce platform to create and manage the most engaging shopping experiences across the web, mobile and in-store. Built on the Microsoft Azure open cloud, our Commerce OrchestrationTM platform establishes a unique central commerce layer that unifies all retail systems and customer touch points and helps enterprise organizations grow their business successfully in the global marketplace. We fuel digital innovation for leading retailers and branded manufacturers, enabling them to deliver differentiated commerce experiences faster with lower IT burden and operating costs, and maximum revenue growth.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director, Cloud Delivery leads the customer-specific platform setups and solution implementations all the way to their transition to our Managed Services team. The director owns the cloud DevOps vision and execution ensuring their service units run smoothly to deliver a great Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) client experience. The director is also responsible for the technical realization activities of our clients’ solutions.
Responsibilities include reviewing the methods and processes surrounding development and ensuring that the best development practices are put in place for our growing partner community and will also serve as a “Center of Excellence”. The incumbent is a dynamic and highly motivated person with extensive technical expertise, management experience and excellent communication skills. In addition, the director has a good knowledge of cloud solutions, masters Agile methodologies, and has the skills and experience to bring the teams to aim towards a continuous delivery model.
- You will be responsible for the DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes of the cloud services delivery teams.
- Facilitate the collaboration between the Product (cloud platform) and Cloud Infrastructure teams to deliver the end solutions to our customers and partners, optimizing the client experience.
- Ensure that the cloud platform and services are designed to support and align with our overall business strategies and priorities. Service design activities will include building custom or extended service capabilities on top of the Orckestra Commerce Cloud platform to match our clients’ business requirements, meet their commercial objectives and plan for scale and cost to support their long-term vision and roadmap.
- Lead the Orckestra Cloud Solution Delivery Teams to deliver client solutions by analyzing, developing and deploying projects within the scope, timeline and budget parameters while managing all external dependencies (Platform features, involved co-development partner, Cloud provisioning amongst others).
- Mobilize your teams to contribute to tools, portals, play books, and processes to improve the developer experience with internal teams, partners and customers.
- As an influential leader, you will communicate the mission and vision, and prioritize key milestones to achieve organizational goals.
- Guide your teams in their day-to-day activities and develop their skills and capabilities to build a high performing and engaging work environment with the goal of becoming a “Centre of excellence”.
- You will be responsible for the recruitment, compensation, performance evaluation, well-being and professional development of your employees.
- Manage the Cloud Solution Delivery team to operate with a culture of business and customer centricity.
- Participate and contribute with our Product DevOps team to implement and optimize automated solutions for configuring, testing, deploying, updating, and monitoring global software solutions delivered to our customers.
- Work closely with R&D to make sure new features are reliable, easily deployable, and support the requirements of the service in terms of manageability, upgradability, scalability and security.
- Collaborate with the Managed Services team to improve the overall client experience (Incident triage, product quality, release process, service availability, etc.) pertaining to each service’s SLA, including incident response, problem management, and service upgrades.
- Maintain the relationship and coordinate work with our co-development partners during project execution and delivery.
- Support the Sales team during the presale process to validate timelines and estimates.
Skills & competencies:
- Born communicator, proficient in both French and English.
- Focused on results and customer satisfaction.
- Leadership, team management, people skills—you are a mentor, a coach and you inspire others.
- Solid analytical skills and with an eye for process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, etc.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a leadership role focusing on Cloud solutions and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams.
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
A flexible work schedule (37,5 hours/week) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Competitive salaries, a comprehensive group insurance plan as of day 1 and access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan.
In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
Mediagrif realizes that quality of life and health is important to its employees and offers free access to its fitness room. Do you prefer Nautilus Plus, Energy Cardio or Idolem Yoga? Our various corporate agreements will save you money!
Do you like socializing? In addition to your daily activities, the social club organizes many activities such as brunches, cocktails, sports activities, etc.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.