Data Security Analyst
Mediagrif Interactive Technologies Inc. is a leader in the development and operation of e-business networks, with over 500 employees in Canada, the United States and Europe. Our activities cover B2C, B2B and B2B2C with brands like Jobboom, LesPAC, Contact Network, PowerSource Online, The Broker Forum, MERX, InterTrade, Carrus, BidNet, SourceSuite, Orckestra and ASC.
We are looking for a Data Security Analyst to ensure the company’s compliance with industry standards and applicable laws regarding computer and data protection.
To be successful in this role, you must have solid knowledge of aspects surrounding the security of computer systems and networks and in depth knowledge of current Canadian, Quebec and European regulations on security and data protection. You must have previous experience auditing computer systems and be aware of the latest trends and developments in the data security field.
You must be proactive, possess excellent judgment, as well as strong oral and written communication, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Act as the subject matter expert for document revision and data security policies (whether from Mediagrif or its clients or suppliers);
- Determine and evaluate the company’s data processing activities;
- Provide advice and guidance on data protection;
- Conduct impact analyses on data protection;
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company:
- Participate in the management of risk assessment evaluations and analyses as well as security audits related to information security;
- Formulate recommendations to strengthen data systems security;
- Investigate attempts to breach data security and participate in the management of security incidents;
- Create and update data security policies and procedures; and
- Act as advisor, offering assistance, information, training and flagging alerts.
- Understand that the data to be analyzed, evaluated and documented can be confidential, personal or critical for our clients;
- Ensure all queries for data subjects are completed within the required timeframes (i.e.: deletion of information from our databases);
- Conduct audits and assess whether stakeholders need to modify their procedures to comply with regulations; and
- Monitor legislation changes, making the necessary recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Work experience in data protection and legal compliance;
- Advanced command of English, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national data protection legislation;
- Ability to process confidential information;
- Solid knowledge of databases and transactional website architectures, an asset;
- Good work ethic and ability to remain impartial and report any non-compliance; and
- Organizational skills and thoroughness.
Remuneration and working conditions:
- Competitive salary;
- Work week of 37.5 hours;
- Group Insurance upon hiring;
- Access to a share purchase plan with employer participation;
- Pleasant working environment.
If you are interested in the challenge, please submit your resume to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.