MS SQL Server Database Administrator
Mediagrif is a global leader in e-business networks development and operations. Mediagrif relies on the constant innovation of its employees to fulfill its mission, providing businesses innovative e-commerce solutions.
Mediagrif operates various networks, including industry leaders such as Jobboom, LesPAC, Réseau Contact, PowerSource Online, The Broker Forum, MERX, InterTrade, Carrus, BidNet, SourceSuite, ASC and Orckestra.
Reporting to the Orckestra Infrastructure Director, the MS SQL Server Database Administrator applies his/her knowledge and skills in order to support and manage the evolution of the MS SQL Server client database infrastructure. The administrator could also be called upon to contribute to the evolution other Mediagrif business lines’ databases.
- Ensure the seamless management and maintenance of Orckestra customers’ development and production MS SQL database servers;
- Measure the availability/overall performance of database environments and propose improvement solutions;
- Prepare and implement, in collaboration with the Development and Technical Support teams, database updates in relation to the systems’ functional evolution ; and
- Intervene (on rotation) during the nights and the weekend, when production incidents cause service outages.
Skills & competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017 databases and the Microsoft Azure platform;
- Familiar with other databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MySQL, an asset;
- Ability to program scripts on an ad hoc basis, i.e.: migration of a product catalogue to the production platform (Staging);
- Able to optimize queries and execution plans;
- You possess an analytical mind, are conscientious, versatile, autonomous and proactive, even under pressure;
- Solid judgment, able to quickly diagnose database issues and make the right decisions to resolve them temporarily or permanently;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships within the team and other Departments; and
- Bilingual (English – French).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or College degree; and
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience as a Database Administrator, in a 24/7 environment.
Remuneration and working conditions:
- Competitive salary;
- Work week of 37.5 hours;
- Group Insurance upon hiring;
- Access to a share purchase plan with employer participation;
- Pleasant working environment; and
- Free access to a fitness centre.
If you are interested in the challenge, please submit your resume to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.