Privacy Protection Analyst
Our Quality Assurance team is looking for a Privacy Protection Analyst to ensure business compliance and data management practices. The Privacy Protection Analyst will report to the Quality Assurance Manager, working within the QA Team and will also collaborate with the Litigation Department.
To be successful in this role:
You must have in-depth knowledge of the projects and the risks associated with the data. The Privacy Protection Analyst will be responsible for providing recommendations, ensuring that the company and our customers are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as well as with different data protection legislation. You ensure that the existing standards are compliant and also act as the point of contact for supervisory authorities and all other relevant bodies.
More specifically, what are your responsibilities?
- Evaluate the company’s data processing activities;
- Conduct impact assessments and perform data protection, privacy and security compliance audits;
- Ensure the company’s compliance in line with legal obligations and standards to which it is subject and make the necessary recommendations when these are modified;
- Act as SME when drafting/revising the company’s, clients’ or subcontractors’ data security policies, procedures, guides, etc. ;
- Develop, implement and maintain data management procedures according to the risks identified during analyzes ensuring company compliance;
- Process requests in accordance with contractual or legal deadlines.
Must have skills to excel in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Engineering, Law or Business Administration;
- Five (5) years of experience in data protection and legal compliance;
- Bilingual, advanced command of English (spoken and written);
- IAPP or CIAPP certification (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of the GDPR and the national and US data protection legislation;
- Experience in audit processes and project management;
- Knowledge of databases and transactional website architectures (an asset);
- Outstanding work ethic—ability to remain impartial and report any non-compliance;
- Organizational skills and thoroughness.
- Strong understanding of the business, market and strategy environment;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: e-commerce, information technology, analysis or research;
- Knowledge of speech technologies and/or conversational software;
- Experience/knowledge in marketing and UX/UI design; and
- Excellent communication skills in English.
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
A flexible work schedule (37,5 hours/week) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Competitive salaries, a comprehensive group insurance plan as of day 1 and access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan.
In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
Mediagrif realizes that quality of life and health is important to its employees and offers free access to its fitness room. Do you prefer Nautilus Plus, Energy Cardio or Idolem Yoga? Our various corporate agreements will save you money!
Do you like socializing? In addition to your daily activities, the social club organizes many activities such as brunches, cocktails, sports activities, etc.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.