Mediagrif is a global leader in e-business networks development and operations. Mediagrif relies on the constant innovation of its employees to fulfill its mission, providing innovative e-commerce solutions to various companies,
Mediagrif operates various networks, including industry leaders such as Jobboom, LesPAC, PowerSource Online, The Broker Forum, MERX, InterTrade, Carrus, BidNet, SourceSuite, ASC and Orckestra.
Reporting to the Database Administration Team Leader, the Database Administrator applies his or her knowledge and skills in order to support and manage the evolution of Mediagrif’s databases.
- Ensure the steady progress of everyday administrative operations and maintain development and production databases;
- Assess the availability and the global performance of database environments and suggest positive changes, when needed;
- Prepare and maintain database updates, together with our development and technical support teams, based on the functional evolution of technical systems; and
- Intervene, in rotation during nights and week-ends, in situations where production incidents result in the unavailability of services.
Skills & competencies:
- Knowledge of the market’s main databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- Conscientious, versatile, independent and proactive with a good team spirit, even under pressure;
- Ability to make the right decisions when production databases issues occur;
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships within the team and other departments; and
- Bilingual (English – French).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent; and
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience as a Database Administrator, in a 24/7 environment.
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
A flexible work schedule (37,5 hours/week) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
Competitive salaries, a comprehensive group insurance plan as of day 1 and access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan.
In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
Mediagrif realizes that quality of life and health is important to its employees and offers free access to its fitness room. Do you prefer Nautilus Plus, Energy Cardio or Idolem Yoga? Our various corporate agreements will save you money!
Do you like socializing? In addition to your daily activities, the social club organizes many activities such as brunches, cocktails, sports activities, etc.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.