Vice President, Sales
InterTrade is a leading provider of innovative B2B solutions for supply chain collaboration. We enable businesses to quickly connect to their trading partner communities and exchange electronic business documents via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Our solutions include EDI network connectivity, managed B2B integration services and an electronic catalogue service for product data synchronization between suppliers and retailers. Key clients (by main industry verticals) include The Neiman Marcus Group (Apparel & General Merchandise), Uni-Select (Automotive) and McKesson (Healthcare).
Reporting to InterTrade’s President, the Vice President, Sales will be responsible to drive revenue growth, through the acquisition of new clients and the development of new sales channels. As part of this mandate, the chosen candidate will also be responsible for guiding the Sales team, in order to attain an exceptional performance level, by reviewing and optimizing current sales processes, reporting and methodology as per industry best practices.
The Vice President, Sales will lead a team of technical sales advisors (pre-sale), lead generation/inside sales representatives and sales directors, many of whom work remotely.
Responsibilities - Managing and Coaching
- Lead, develop and grow a Sales team composed of:
- presales (opportunity qualification, solution selling approach, demos),
- direct sales (prospecting, development of proposals/RFIs/RFPs, contract negotiations and hand-offs to Service/Support teams), and
- lead generation (inbound lead management, outbound lead campaigns and sales appointments);
- Coach and motivate the Sales team via strategic guidance, sharing of industry best practices and the creation of a sales training program (to quickly ramp new members while maintaining a high level of sales acumen for current team members);
- Ensure the attainment of sales objectives by leading the sales process and providing direction and recommendations to improve sales;
- Ensure that all team members are product knowledge experts to adequately advise our future customers with the right service offering as per their supply chain collaboration needs;
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance and provide coaching on an ongoing basis;
- Review and monitor the team’s work deliverables to ensure high quality standards; and
- Define sales targets and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs.
- Develop and drive the sales playbook, sales plans and strategies in line with the company’s growth objectives, focusing on best practices to acquire new clients and channel partners (reselling and referrals);
- Act as the business escalation contact for key decision makers at strategic prospects and participate in closing strategic opportunities;
- Define, track and act on “conversion moments” within our target markets;
- Relay industry insights (i.e., competitive offering, pricing, target market needs) to the Leadership team; and
- Participate in the annual budget planning exercise for revenue forecasting and business development costs.
- Define, provide and maintain actionable recommendations from sales reports, including sales pipelines, lead source analyses, bookings value and sales forecasting (against revenue budgets);
- Ensure high-level of CRM discipline and data quality for sales activities (opportunity value, sales stage, meeting activity, close/won dates);
- Build scalable and repeatable processes for the Sales team; and
- Define, monitor and report on performance indicators for the Sales team.
- Work closely with the:
- Market Strategy team to develop sales programs (new and existing target markets, go-to-market of new products/services, lead generation strategies and channel programs) and to ensure the creation of successful sales collateral to support such programs;
- Account Management, Service and Support teams for a successful customer success transition and discuss strategies in future upsell and cross sell opportunities;
- Product and Service teams to increase market adoption and commercial potential of our product and service offering;
- Leadership team to ensure alignment across company goals; and
- Sales leadership of other Mediagrif business subsidiaries, maximizing cross-sell synergies.
- Five (5) years of sales leadership, with track record of building, scaling, and coaching high-performance sales team, composed of pre-sales, sales directors and inside sales functions;
- Ten (10) years of sales experience, with track record in developing new client and partner acquisition strategies, managing key prospect relationships and successful closing of strategic opportunities;
- B2B SaaS experience, with strong understanding of SaaS and subscription business models;
- Strong experience in Retail, Supply chain and/or Logistics—an asset;
- Experience doing business development in the United States—an asset;
- Experience using a CRM to manage team sales tasks and reporting—knowledge of MS Dynamics—an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Travel: 20%.
Skills & Competencies
- Communication: Excellent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation)—French & English.
- Sales: Strong negotiation, creative thinking skills, “Hunter” (vs. “Farmer”) and results oriented.
- Leadership style: Positive leader, interested in their employees’ development as well as the bottom line.
- Mindset: Driven, energetic, self-starter and strong team player.
- Employee Management: Ability to manage a team composed of members working either remotely or on-site.
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
- Healthy existing sales pipeline, with strong word-of-mouth from existing clients (good market reputation);
- Competitive base salary with uncapped sales commissions;
- A comprehensive group insurance plan as of day-1.
- Access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan after three (3) months.
- A flexible work schedule (37,5-hour workweek) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
- In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and you get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
- We are committed to our employees’ quality of life and health and as such, we offer free access to the fitness room at our Longueuil office. You prefer Nautilus Plus, Energy Cardio or Idolem Yoga? We’ve got corporate agreements to make you save!
- You enjoy socializing? In addition to your daily activities, the social club organizes many activities such as brunches, cocktails, sports activities, etc.
InterTrade is a subsidiary of Mediagrif.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.