Established in 1992, ASC Networks Inc. (ASC) is well known for its flagship ASC Contracts software which provides buy-side and sell-side contract management and contract lifecycle capabilities.
ASC also provides Web-based enterprise management solutions for documents, forms, and pricing and quoting. All ASC management software comprises automated document creation and a searchable repository or database with built in reporting, compliance and audit trail capability all delivered via the industry’s most flexible platform; SaaS, Private Cloud or On-Premise. ASC is a subsidiary of Mediagrif Interactive Technologies Inc.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the Verification Specialist is an integral part of the customer support team. The role’s primary purpose is to ensure our products functionality and usage are consistent with requirements and contain no critical issues prior to release to production. Tasks range from working with development to ensure that test plans are incorporated early in the development cycle, ensuring regression testing, creating automated functional and performance tests and testing through the release cycle. You will be responsible for developing and enhancing test plans. You will be responsible for performing release validation in a timely manner by supplying accurate and creative solutions to difficulties and time constraints to ensure productivity and customer satisfaction. Your innovative skills will help you identify new areas of opportunity and customer satisfaction.
More specifically, what are your responsibilities?
- Working directly with the development team to help improve software quality;
- Assessing the quality of the software as well as the quality of the processes used;
- Enhancing existing test plans and help develop new ones as required;
- Ensuring that test plans are followed and automated test suites are in place and up to date;
- Verifying CMS product releases through the build process and providing input to management on quality of release (number of outstanding issues, priority and impact);
- Tracking and updating product issues using Jira;
- Providing input as to whether the requirements laid out in requirements definitions and the final product fulfill the specified intended use;
- Working closely with development, support and systems management teams to ensure the smooth delivery of ASC solutions and upgrades;
- Working towards continual improvement;
- Providing feedback on key quality issues being experience to help improve the verification process, procedures and tools;
- Developing and maintaining expertise in test suite development, the CMS application and ASC infrastructure, including the product build process;
- Contributing to the technical notes collection with both new content and maintenance.
Must have skills to excel in this role:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills;
- Strong aptitude for finding defects;
- Ability to be resourceful in high pressure situations;
- Ability to understand source code, to follow and evolve a test plan and to develop automated test cases;
- Good understanding of application and Web server technology.
- Technical or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology;
- Knowledge of software testing methods;
- Work experience with Web based testing tools and scripting skills (UNIX, Perl).
With 500+ employees in Canada, the United States and Europe, Mediagrif’s mission is to provide a work environment that focuses on creativity, flexibility and collaboration.
How do we do it?
We hire motivated, passionate team players who aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and who take pride in contributing to a common goal.
Our offer is the following:
- A flexible work schedule (37,5 hour/week) in a friendly and dynamic environment.
- Competitive salaries, a comprehensive group insurance plan as of day 1 and access to an employer-sponsored share purchase plan.
- In addition to your vacation weeks, we offer you two (2) personal days, five (5) sick days and get to enjoy a well-deserved paid break during the holiday season.
Mediagrif: who are we?
A well-established Quebec company since 1996, we are experts in the development and operation of electronic business networks. Our mission is to offer innovative technological solutions that work!
Here are a few of our brands you may already be familiar with!
Up for the challenge? Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we thank you for your interest in the company.
Mediagrif applies an employment equity and equality program.